The mouth is the gateway to the body, which means that health and wellness start here. Eating a well-balanced diet can help support good oral care, but there are also other aspects of day-to-day living that can impact oral health.
A healthy diet is important for oral health because the food we eat can have a direct impact on our teeth and gums. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help keep our teeth and gums healthy. Conversely, eating sugary and acidic foods can damage our teeth and lead to cavities. Therefore, it is important to be mindful of what we eat in order to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
There are a few different things that you can do to help keep your teeth healthy and one of them is to eat the right foods. Here are some of the best foods to eat for healthy teeth:
1. Cheese – Cheese is rich in calcium which is great for your teeth. It also helps to neutralize the acids in your mouth that can damage your teeth.
2. Yogurt – Like cheese, yoghurt is also a good source of calcium. It also contains probiotics which are beneficial for oral health.
3. Nuts – Nuts contain phosphorus and magnesium which are both essential for healthy teeth. They also help to reduce the risk of gum disease.
4. Green vegetables – Green vegetables are high in fibre which helps to clean your teeth and gums. They also contain vitamins A and C which are good for oral health.
5. Fish – Fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which have been shown to be beneficial for oral health. They can also help to reduce inflammation in the gums.
We all know that sugary foods are bad for our teeth, but did you know there are other foods out there that can have a negative impact on your oral health? Here are some foods to avoid if you want to keep your teeth healthy:
1. Starchy foods: Foods like chips and crackers can get stuck in your teeth and lead to cavities.
2. acidic fruits: Fruits like lemons and oranges can erode tooth enamel.
3. Hard candies: Candies like jawbreakers can break your teeth!
4. Coffee and tea: These beverages can stain your teeth.
5. Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can dry out your mouth and lead to gum disease.
A healthy diet is essential for strong and healthy teeth. Be sure to include plenty of the foods on this list in your diet to keep your teeth looking and feeling their best. Do you have any other favourite foods that are good for healthy teeth? Let us know in the comments below!